The Best Care for your Best Friend

The Animal Hospital of Islamorada is proud to serve Islamorada and the surrounding areas.

  • Locally Owned

  • Friendly Service

  • Extensive Veterinary Knowledge


“What a pleasure it was to deal with a true vet, myself and Mr. Bling would highly recomend this animal hospital to all.”

James M

Frequently Asked Questions

We’ve made this FAQ’s list to include questions that we get about pets as well as questions that we get about our animal hospital. Have a question you don’t see below? Give us a call.

Comprehensive examinations are recommended at least annually to check for health issues that may not be apparent to owners. During a comprehensive examination the veterinarian will examine your pet’s eyes, ears, skin and hair coat, listen to their heart, and discuss any concerns you may have.
Yes, mosquitos and fleas are both present year round across the United States, but especially in the Gulf Coast region where temperatures remain warm for much of the year. Heartworm incidence in this region is still very high making year round heartworm prevention paramount.
Switching a puppy or kitten to adult food too early can cause obesity and gastro-intestinal issues. We recommend switching to adult dog or cat food between 10-12 months.

While diet can be a component of a pet’s skin issues, an actual food allergy is unlikely.

Only about 10% of pets have real food allergies. The other 90% of itchy, uncomfortable pets are typically some sort of inhaled allergen just like us, or a flea allergy.

We welcome all breeds of cats and dogs as well as exotics such as Parrots or reptiles.

It is recommended to was your dog at least every 4-6 weeks. Unless they have an existing skin condition.

If there is an emergency during business hours, simply call our office ahead of time so we know what to expect and bring your pet in. If there is an emergency after hours, please call: (305) 664-0011
and follow the instructions on the voicemail.
The most likely explanation for a pet’s stinky breath is dental disease. By the age of three, 70% of cats and 80% of dogs have some form of dental disease.

If you have any other questions, please contact us

Contact Us

Our Services

Here are just a few of veterinary services we offer. Contact us today if you need further information on these services or are looking to learn more about a service that is not listed.

More About Our Services

Professional Pet Care

Pet owners trust us to look after the needs of their beloved companions. We are specialists committed to delivering the very highest of veterinary care and affection.

Contact Us